Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 31 Mar 2001 00:50:49 -0500
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      Central Ohio Westies/ Van Campout

Hello All:

A majority of respondents have indicated that April 20,21,22 will be best for the Tar Hollow Campout. An alternate/ duck drowner/ impossible to stay/ rainout date for May 4-5 can be suggested as three of you voted that was best for you.

So, we have seven Vanagons/Westies expected (and any more who wish to jump on the band wagon). Day trippers are welcome if you can't stay overnight.

I will contact the Park to reserve the group area for the two nights (Friday night is optional) and for those long haulers who wish to come in late Friday I will keep a light on and be ready to jump out of bed and help you set up if needed. I believe the Park will still be on self-registry through the end of April.

I will provide a large dining fly and will make sure enough firewood is available. Each camper should have chairs, etc. enough for their own use. If any of you think of anything else I can provide; let me know.

Directions from Columbus: South on US Rt 23 to Circleville East on SR 22 to SR 56 (in town) South/East on SR 56 to Adelphia/Laurelville SR 327 South to Tar Hollow State Park Allow at least an hour for travel from Cols.

For directions from East of Columbus: Take SR 37 South at I-70 to Lancaster SR 22 west to SR 159 To SR 56 South/East to Adelphia/Laurelville SR 327 South to Tar Hollow State Park Probably 1 Hr 20 min. from I-70.

I am sure you'll have no trouble finding it...after all, you drive VWs don't you? You can figure out anything!

We can put together some ideas for a common meal for Saturday dinner if anyone is interested. I can provide homegrown, chemical-free hamburger for any purpose. For all else, the nearest small grocery is at least ten miles away so you'll want to have supplies onboard no later than Circleville or Lancaster.

Please p-mail me and I will give you my home and pcs phone #s for emergency/last minute info. BTW in the hills and valleys of Tar Hollow, don't expect pcs coverage.

-- stephen reluctant header upper of the Central Ohio Westies (name this club contest in progress)