Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Apr 2001 14:14:08 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Tiico Install Kit for Rent!

I have sucessfully done two Tiico conversions (one manual and one automatic). In doing these two I have collected all the needed special tools that are necessary to sucessfully fine tune this engine and setup the engine computer. I am not saying that you can't just get a Tiico kit and put it in and drive the van around without any problems, you can. The engine computer is very adaptive and will adapt itself to improper timing, and CO settings. However you are not going to be getting full power and economy out of the engine unless it is timed and adjusted properly, and for that you need special equipment. Normally you would need either a VW 1551 tool (local dealer should have one or a newer model that does the same thing), and a CO test machine to properly fine tune the engine. Or you could get a handheld scan tool (around $3500). However I have assembled a kit that will allow a normal person to set the timing and CO yourself. You can run the van going down the road and see all the read outs from the engine (kind of like a big digitool except you get alot more information) and get your new engine in tip top performance shape. I am going to be renting this kit for $75. You get to keep it for 10 days and then return it to me so it can be used by the next person. This is not really a money making thing at this point. It is primarily a service to those who have chosen to do the Tiico kit, to help these folks get their vans tuned up properly without having to go to the dealer or an expensive foreign auto place for the final tune up. Please email me privately if you are interested in renting this kit and I will give you a list of what is included.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com Phone: (856)-765-1583 Fax: (856)-327-2242

[text/html]