Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:04:52 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@SWIPNET.SE>
Subject:      SV:      Re: headlight advice/f
Comments: To: CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET

Terry !

You kinda give the answer yourself, it's in order to be seen when temporarily parked at night ! If you have a car breakdown or just want to take a break when driving around ar night the idea is that the car should be visible to others without the complete drain of the battery that a lit headlight would result in . This was more important before the "hazard" lights were invented - which wasn't too long ago, I rember buying and installing aftermarket swiches on late sixties cars - but I still think it feels good to be able to see eighteenwheelers with p-lights when parked for a quick nap along narrow country roads. Not to mention my wish for people to use hazard lights only when there is an actual accident, there is no reason to stop and offer assistance to someone that want to piss ;-)

Calle Mullhyttan, Sweden

----- Ursprungligt meddelande ----- Från: "Terry Kay" <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET> Till: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Skickat: den 29 mars 2001 19:15 Ämne: Re: headlight advice/f