Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:32:52 -0400
From:         "W. Silva" <wsilva@CAPECOD.NET>
Subject:      AIR-LIFT SUSPENSION KIT for vw vanagon

Patrick.

This is the kit we installed last year and it's great but it costs about $85.00 at any performance shop or direct from them. This one on E-Bay is more money because it includes the optional (plug in to your cigarette lighter) compressor and tubing that runs to the back of the van so that you can adjust it from the driver's seat. We found this not to be necessary because you probably will only fill it once in a while and it can be done with a bicycle pump or at your local gas station or maybe you already own one of those little compressors. One thing I would advice is to install it with TWO fill valves, one for each side so that you can give the left side the extra it needs on a camper - if you have a camper - otherwise with only one valve you will get equal lift on both sides. It's very easy to install the thing no matter which way you do it and what a difference it makes in handling when the van is loaded!

Good luck,

John & Wendy Cape Cod, MA

'85 Westfalia "S-Cape" '98 Passat "The Doo-Dah Machine"

CAMPERS ON CAPE COD A LiMBO sponsored VW camping event in September

http://members.nbci.com/Cape_Westys/index.html

<snip>