Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Apr 2001 20:26:05 -0700
From:         radish150 <radish150@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      White wire!

Well boyzandgirls, I've got it down to one wire. There is a pair of wires (white and red) that exit the cabinet right behind the front seat. These are obviously 12V supply, and "other". When I touch 12 to the white wire, I can hear a relay clicking on the rear of the refer. I imagine that the white wire/relay is for one of the two possibilities.

1. Set to cut voltage to the fridge when the starter is getting 12V, this to ensure proper Voltage for starting???

2. Set to supply 12V to the refer only when the alternator is charging, this to ensure no drain on the primary (only) battery???

3. Set to confound silly americans like me?

I suppose that what I should do is fuddle and poke around with a multi meter and jumper leads and try to see what happens to refer supply voltage when this relay is employed. That would at least offer a clue as to what it's supposed to do. To learn if it shuts off what is on, or turn on what is off would be a great start.

muddle muddle, mark...