Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Apr 2001 07:28:57 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Temperature guage
Comments: To: Walt Spak <wnsopc3@3RDM.NET>

Walt,

Don't quite recall who it was that gave me the information, but it seems it may have been the nice folks at Camelback VW, who told me to go with the higher temp stat because the fuel management system is designed to run in that temperature range. The lower temp stat will work if the cooling system is marginal, like partially blocked radiator, etc. Don't know how accurate this is, but it was what I was told, and it worked for me.

The reason that the fan is not recycling any faster is that your cooling system is working properly (your radiator is losing heat at a fast enough rate) and you are flying under the temp at which the fan switch kicks in (around 92, as I recall).

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Spak" <wnsopc3@3RDM.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 6:55 AM Subject: Temperature guage