Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:53:00 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fw: Re: rear speaker installation for westy
Comments: To: sdaveemt@IX.NETCOM.COM

Stan Wilder wrote:

It wasn't a big deal running the four wire setup on my 83 Westfalia.

Disconnected the wires in the overhead storage compartment in the rear.

Agressively taped them to a 4 wire (telephone cable) and pulled them carefully down through the winshield pillar to enough length reach my radio.(use about a 4" wrap of tape on the cable side by side) A little silicone would probably help but I didn't need it.

If you loose this wire then you have to go at it the hardway removing your headliner and trim all the way to the rear.

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:14:31 -0400 "David M. McClelland" <sdaveemt@IX.NETCOM.COM> writes: > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "David M. McClelland" <sdaveemt@ix.netcom.com> > To: <CMathis227@AOL.COM> > Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 18:57 > Subject: Re: Re: rear speaker installation for westy > > > > Along the same line, My rear speakers share a common ground. Most > newer > > radios do not use the common ground approach. If I have to run one > new > wire > > I amy as well run a whole new set of wires. So the question is: > Does > anyone > > know of any decent radios that still use a common ground and what > would be > a > > good route to run wires? > > ----- Original Message ----- > > From: "Chuck Mathis" <CMathis227@AOL.COM> > > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > > Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 16:10 > > Subject: Re: rear speaker installation for westy > > > > > > > Jen, > > > > > > If you have the rear A/C unit you'll need to remove the A/C vent > face > > plate thingy. Once that's out of the way you can reach inside the > cabinet > > and unscrew the collar that holds the speaker in place. The > speaker will > > come out of the front of the cabinet. Unless you're using stock > speakers > > you'll probably need to splice in some new connectors. I don't > know what > > the non-A/C arrangement is but I assume the arrangement is similar > -- the > > speaker are. > > > > > > Chuck > > > '85 Wolfsburg Westy -- 'Roland the Road Buffalo' With new > Blaupunkt > > speakers > > > > > > In a message dated Mon, 9 Apr 2001 12:28:22 PM Eastern Daylight > Time, > > Jenny Loerzel <jensmiles2@HOTMAIL.COM> writes: > > > > > > << One more question. (yeah, right) > > > > > > I recently purchased rear speakers to install into my '87 Westy. > Could > > > someone with past knowledge help me figure out how to get at the > speakers > > > and how tell me how difficult are they to install? I would > greatly > > > appreciate it. Please p-mail me as I am on digest. > > > Thanks in advance, > > > Jen > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > > > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at > http://explorer.msn.com > > > >> > >