Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Apr 2001 13:25:38 -0700
From:         harald_nancy <harald_nancy@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 50 cents to fix the AFM

Steven, That's interesting that your '90 westy has the hesitation symptom only in the high desert. Our '90 westy does the same (occasional hesitation on long trips, sometimes rough running intermittently), but only when we leave the Pacific Northwest southbound. As soon as we enter California, it starts being "temperamental". Especially on our last trip to Death Valley, there in the desert, it became totally obnoxious. After restarting, it always ran fine for a time. Btw, it has a new AFM. It never does it in Washington state, where we live, or in Oregon. So it's hard to diagnose the problem. Could it be the oxygenated gasoline in California, with the mtbe additive? Harald Take a vanagon trip, visit my website: http://www.geocities.com/harald_nancy/ '90 westy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Johnson" <sjohnso2000@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 11:42 AM Subject: Re: 50 cents to fix the AFM