Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:17:27 -0600
From:         John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>
Subject:      Re: NVC what is spam?

You will get many answers, most more accurate than mine, but supermarket spam is garbage, trash, unwanted, and disgusting, :) so I think its a good name for what we are seeing.

I also think that folks should relax and just delete the stuff, rather than letting it get to them, or filling the list with even more messages. There is more talk here about spam than there is spam. The internet is not a place to expect privacy, although a closed list will certainly help more than being 'open'

Its just not realistic to communicate world wide in this, and expect perfect privacy. I don't like it much either, but filters and the delete key are the best way around it.

Besides that, it is possible to steal email addresses in transit, although its not easy by any means, so if you are gonna transmit your address, it is out there for anyone to find, if they know how, and are determined.

Just delete it and lets go back to vanagons.

Regards from Utah,

John