Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:13:49 +1000
From:         One Morecar <onemorecar@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Temp Sender Ohms
Comments: To: jbrush@AROS.NET

Hi John, I reckon you've got an earth (to frame) along that sensor wire somewhere. I had the same thing when the insulation rubbed off my sensor wire. Take the wire off the sender and the gauge needle should be all the way back to the left, then earth the end of the sensor wire and the needle should be full scale. If its full scale with the wire off, take the other end off the gauge and see what happens. Geoff Perth WA Australia 82 camper