Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Apr 2001 23:15:02 -0400
From:         Timothy Hannink <tjhannink@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Temperature guage

Info from their website at http://www.redlineoil.com/frames/watrwet.htm

"WaterWetter® Supercoolant is a unique wetting agent for cooling systems which reduces coolant temperatures by as much as 30°F. This liquid product can be used to provide rust and corrosion protection in plain water for racing engines, which provides much better heat transfer properties than glycol-based antifreeze. Or it can be added to new or used antifreeze to improve the heat transfer of ethylene and propylene glycol systems. Designed for modern aluminum, cast iron, copper, brass, and bronze systems."

This stuff was discussed at length last summer on the list and most of the data was positive. The only effect that I have seen is how it affected the operating characteristics of my temp gauge. It's common for my temp gauge to go a full needle's width above the led when sitting in traffic, even during the winter (Florida winter that is), and it used to stay right on the led before I installed the WaterWetter. My fan still operates the same way and the needle goes back to sitting on top of the led as soon as I get moving again.

Tim Hannink Goldibox - 1987 Wolfsburg Edition Westfalia Camper Winter Park, Florida

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Alofs" <lalofs@ENTERACT.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 8:11 PM Subject: Re: Temperature guage