Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Apr 2001 05:23:39 +0200
From:         Jutta & Christian Knust <knust-net@GMX.NET>
Subject:      Thanks & Introduction

Well, first of all I would like to thank all of you who responded to my questions during the last days; your answers and hints have been a tremendous help to us. We will buy next week an ī87 Westy with automatic transmission which - I am somewhat confident - will be an excellent companion for us during the next three years and possibly beyond that time. Since this obviously means to be a permanent subscriber to the list, I thought a short introduction would be a nice thing to do. We, (that is my wife Jutta, our little sons Lars and Malte and yours truly) just moved from Mainz, Germany to Detroit, Michigan on a three-year assignment - and you may as well guess which industry I am working for. We have owned a couple of camping trailers and recently a Class C-RV; however due to the regulations regarding federalisation of European vehicles and the lack of any spare parts for Fiat trucks it made no sense at all to bring the RV to the U.S. Now, it does not make much sense to us either to live in the Great Lakes area and not have a camper - and we could not get any U.S. campervan; seems like they are available in California and Florida but not up here. Itīs not allowed to park a full-sized RV in our driveway, therefore a campervan was the best alternative (and it seems like it even fits in the garage ;-)))

I guess at least initially I will not be much of a help to the group; however I promise to look up the Archive before asking questions. Again, I thank all of you who did respond to us either through the list or individually. Visit us at ww.knust-net.de.... Finally I promise to change my Internet-provider soon to get rid of the gmx-signature.... Cheers Chris

-- GMX - Die Kommunikationsplattform im Internet. http://www.gmx.net