Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:41:59 -0400
From:         "Cort, Joel" <Joel.Cort@USA.XEROX.COM>
Subject:      FS: 89 Syncro Westy - Rochester NY.
Comments: To: Syncro List <syncro@yahoogroups.com>

I have decided to part with my trusty 89 Syncro Westy

I have found another van and must sell this one to get the other. I've had it for 3 years. It is Titian red with gray interior. It is a "GL" with power mirror/locks/windows, 14" alloys, AC, cruise control, AM/FM cassette, full Westfalia camper (sink/stove/fridge/poptop/beds/curtains). I currently have Nokkia Hakkapellita 185/R14 C on all 4 alloys and the spare is a brand new MXL. 205R14 I have added the opera seat to get the Multivan seating and extra interior lights.

It had 92K miles when I bought it from a dealer (Oneonta VW, NY ) I am the second owner, it currently has 123K on it. I've taken it to DC and quite a few times to the Adirondacks and a few LiMBO campouts. I also use it every day to go to work and put about 25 miles on a day. Mechanically it is very solid and sound. Never had a chance to do any off-roading but have driven it in the snow around NY and it performed great. The PO bought it in Santa Maria California and did not drive it much in the NY winters. I am located in Fairport near Rochester NY.

Major repairs done: * Replaced low pressure A/C hose (old hose rubbed on the engine compartment and sprung a leak) * Reloaded AC with the bad freon - works nice and cool even in DC in the summer * Replaced the both heads 20K ago * Replace water pump 20K ago * Replaced the clutch unit since the engine was out at that time. * Replaced rear brake shoes, pistons, drums * Replace both rear axles and CV joints * Repacked outer front CVs * Replaced front brake pads * Replaced brake master cylinder * Replaced the rear heater core * Serviced Front heater blower * Replaced the skylight vent * Anti-rust treated with Ziebart 2 years ago. * Purged and changed VW coolant * Religiously changed the oil at or before 3K, Engine is nice and strong.

Here is what is wrong or will need attention: Esthetically: * Front bumper needs to be patched and repaired on the right corner * Rear left bumper end-piece also needs to be patched up. Both hit-n-bumps in shopping center. * Slight rust starting on the rear wheel well seam on each side and along the seam above the LP tank. * Also rust blob in the center below the rear window rubber above the wiper, there is a slight bump/ding in the rear door * The mosquito screen window in the pop-top needs to be repaired but the canvas and zippers are great and tight. * The pop-top is fading to another shade of red/pink

Mechanically: I was going to get to that these things this summer. * Replace the front brake rotors (got them sitting in a box) * Service and repack the front CVs in and out (got new boots sitting in a box) * Replace the upper and lower control arm bushings to get rid of the squeaking.(got them sitting in a box) * The exhaust system will need to be replaced at some point due to the shape of the muffler.

I am asking $16,500 obo. I can provide additional details if you are interested. I will be taking some detailed pictures this week to post on a web site.

Thanks,

Joel

Joel.cort@usa.xerox.com Joel_cort@yahoo.com

* (716) 423-3851