Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Apr 2001 13:20:30 -0700
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Why the Delete Key is not enough!! PLEASE READ
Comments: To: "Thomas D. Hanlon" <hanran@EARTHLINK.NET>

At 08:13 AM 4/18/2001 -0700, Thomas D. Hanlon wrote: >"Thomas D. Hanlon" wrote: > > > Richard, > > > > I sympathize with your and with your position. > > > > Print your posting, and ask your employeer,/institution that it be made > > part of your personnel/student record. Then, you are on notice that you > > are not an at-work pornography reviewer. One cannot, legally, beheld > > responsible for intrusions into one's mailbox, regardless, and dogs WILL > > pee on your lawn, regardless...

Thomas,

What your asking me is to go to my employer and say "Hey I'm getting porno, albeit unsolicited, on my email"...there's nothing like catching the attention of the campus computer services folks by pointing out a problem with porno! Which then brings in the issue of now that I've singled myself out, they have a wonderful excuse to monitor my email to make sure that there are no further offending emails.

No thanks....lets go back to the question I posed earlier today....

"How many posts per day/week/year do we get from listmembers who are stranded on the road and email the list for help versus the number of Spam/Smut posts we get per day/week/year on this list?" I can only remember no more than three or four strandees in the past year....I got three or more spam posts from this list every two days or so.

One would think that the skills necessary to keep a 9 to 20 year old van on the road would not prevent a list member from figuring out how to use HOTMAIL while on the road to "call for help"......

Ric