Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:36:31 -0400
From:         Julie Tremblay <julie.tremblay@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      What's the problem? A closed list is still open!

I don't really get the problem about closing this list.

I own a list which is based on Yahoo! Groups. This list is advertised on different websites, and it can be found if you do a search on the Yahoo! Groups page. Once you know you're interested in the topics discussed on this list, you just subscribe to it. Like we all did with this list, isn't it?

The owner than accept or deny the subscription request. Most of the time, I accept, of course. But if there would be a problem with this subscriber sending trash or making trouble on the list, I can send warnings, and then ban that person from my list if needed.

My list is not moderated. I don't accept the messages before they are sent to members. I don't have the time to do that, but again, if some messages are not acceptable, I can see which member posted them and reject him from my list.

Unsubscribe? Why? Like some others said, no need to unsubscribe when you go away. You go to your ''Yahoo!Groups: My Groups'' page, and set this list to No mail. You can also read the messages on the web page if you don't want to receive them by email.

AND you can also add an alternate address to your settings. This means that you're then able to download and send messages from a second address.

I don't know if these settings are available on this list server. If not, maybe it's time for a move??? The old archives could stay where they are. New ones could begin on the Yahhoo! page, or other website (I think SmartGroups offers the same services, but I heard there's more problems with spam there).

BTW, I don't have any participation$$ in Yahoo! ;0) Just a happy user.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~ Julie Tremblay Montréal, Québec julie.tremblay@videotron.ca ~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~