Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:22:47 -0700
From:         Alan Ruffalo <aruffalo@SPRYNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Has this happened to any on the list
Comments: To: Matthew Pollard <poll7356@uidaho.edu>

I was at home on telephone dial up logging onto my internet server when this happened. I received a screen pop up message that told me a program was downloading (that I tried to stop to no avail). I then had a very bad computer crash. When I finally sorted it all out the screen was shrunk and the texture was grainy. All of the obvious fixes in the "Display" screens in the "Control Panel" in "Settings" did not work. It appears that whatever was trying to download corrupted my default VGA drivers. I am more curious to know if this has happened to anyone else on the Vanagon list. That would tell me if the list had a rampant virus doing this. I run Norton Anti-Virus all of the time and scan for viruses often. Also, I update my virus inventory a couple times a week on the Norton website. All of this has kept me virus free until this time. That is assuming that this was caused by a virus.

Best regards,

Alan Ruffalo 88 Westy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Pollard" <poll7356@uidaho.edu> To: "Alan Ruffalo" <aruffalo@SPRYNET.COM> Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 9:00 AM Subject: Re: Has this happened to any on the list