Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:07:07 -0700
From:         Michael Edwards <mpedwards@LYCOS.COM>
Subject:      THANKS,NewName,Questions
Comments: To: Aircool list <type2@lenti.type2.com>

Alrighty, then the westfalia is finally back on the road after just over 4500$ worth of new engine etc (actually, that includes the purchase price, registration, everything, so I think i got off okay). Thanks to all the listmembers who helped this new member get it rolling...couldn't have possibly done it without your help. The only downside is that the engine is a GEX...bought it before joined the list, unfortunately. So, I am already saving for having it rebuilt shortly...However, this has given me an opportunity to christen her with a name. Anyway....I have two final questions (this week, anyway)--- 1) when i took engine out, there were two random wires connected to the #3 plug. Upon reassembly, I promptly forgot what they were for and only now realized that they were for the cyl head temp gauge. What gives...is there supposed to be a sender or what for this? what is missing? 2) WTB a good gas tank...are there any options to replace the stock one with? Discovered that after test driving and running out of gas, that the bottom of the tank is crushed in an causes the sender to misread----also big enough to displace a few gallons, im sure. Anyway, thanks again Mike Edwards 82 Westy "Timebomb" (fitting, I would say)

Get 250 color business cards for FREE! http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/