Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Apr 2001 20:49:32 -0400
From:         Phil Menchions <tassie@e-stella.net>
Subject:      Re: Why do you like your Vanagon?
Comments: To: CHRIS STANN <cstann3@HOME.COM>

Chris,

A friend invited me to go learn to ski back in '89 in his '86 Westy. Spent two nights in sub-zero temperatures but was smitten all the same. That summer I bought a brand new flash silver beauty that I still have and hold dearly.

It's difficult to say what the attraction is. The uniqueness (especially in this neck of the woods) maybe or the independence it affords ?

My only regret is not being aware of the syncro option at that time. There's some wonderful places here on the Rock that my 2wd will not take me.

Phil '89 Westy Torbay, NF

----- Original Message ----- From: CHRIS STANN <cstann3@HOME.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 6:53 PM Subject: Why do you like your Vanagon?