Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Apr 2001 02:31:52 -0500
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mjruskin@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Load Reduction Relay: what's it do?

The purpose of the load reduction relay is to open all the circuits relating to lights and accessories (unnecessary loads), when the ignition key is turned.

This provides the starter circuit with the maximum possible amperage on starting.

If the load reduction relay is troublesome, sometimes it helps to remove it and slightly "splay" the connecting terminals, then re-insert it. This helps because sometimes the connectors become loose over time.

Marshall Ruskin 84 Westy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Hundt" <dhundt@PCEZ.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2001 7:59 PM Subject: Re: Load Reduction Relay: what's it do?