Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:40:31 -0600
From:         Steve Blackham <steph@uswest.net>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Injection Adjustment
Comments: To: Mark Keller <kelphoto@islandnet.com>

Thanks Mark

I appreciate your info. Vacumn leaks would cause a lean situation. I'm too rich. Not enough air getting to the combustion chamber or to much fuel. I think I'll start with the AFM and clean the idle bypass passage first. Then check the exhaust system for small leaks. They cause the O2 system to think its to lean and richen the mixture. A small enough leak would show up at idle and the pressure of a full exhaust would eliminate the leaking in air at a throttle.

The Temp 2 sensor is fairly new but merits a check as I think its still to long for the engine to warm up and go to the O2 cycle.

I know the cat is a straight tube but it shouldn't effect the capability of getting to factory idle settings which are usually taken ahead of the cat.

Last, because of the labor required, I'll check the individual injectors for flow and leaks.

Could this be a ground problem by chance. Normally I would think that would cause a lean situation (no input to actualte fuel) but I don't know?

Thanks Steve