Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Apr 2001 23:28:33 EDT
From:         Benjamin Tan <BenTbtstr8@aol.com>
Subject:      Re: Seatbelts HELP
Comments: To: Arthur.H.Sauerhaft@aexp.com

Arthur,

I believe all Vanagons came with seat belt mounting points for all seating arrangements. The fronts are 3-point belts with inertia reels. The rears are usually manual. You can certainly fit shoulder belts in the rear as well if you so desire.

Some people may have reservations about using used belts. You don't know if they are deteriorated to the point that they will break in an accident. I personally have installed used belts in my Double Cab. However, I took the time to inspect the entire belt prior to installation. One of the belts I bought turned out to be worn & frayed towards the end of the reel. I had to pull the belt all the way out of the spool to see this.

Several vendors on the list sell new and used belts. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, I can direct you to a local source. Most reputable aftermarket supply houses should carry appropriate belts.

It you are using old VW belts, buy in complete sets. In other words, make sure the buckles will latch together. For example, the early Vanagon belts have a different buckle than the later style. They are not compatible.

Ben