Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:45:19 -0400
From:         Melvin Mudgett-Price <mprice@acmex.com>
Subject:      How I light my fridge

I had trouble with my fridge until I read all the posts I could find on the subject, here's what I now do and it works every time.

I turn on the stove to get a flow of gas, just a second or two.

Then I set the right hand knob to the 3 o'clock position to point to the flame icon.

Next, make sure the rocker switch is in the middle position.

Turn the min/max knob to max.

This is the bit that seems to make the difference. I pump the pump 15 times then start clicking the starter button. I probably keep on pumping and pressing the starter button for about 10 seconds.

As I said, this works every time and once it is lit, it stays lit at freeway speeds for an hour, for 2 days camping then freeway speeds all the way home again.

For those that don't know, it is really hard to see if the fridge is lit through the sight gauge but it is possible. Try putting a blanket over your head and around the fridge to make it as dark as possible. Honestly. You may make new friends this way, I did.

There I was, head in the fridge, blanket on my head, butt sticking in the air(Try doing this and looking dignified at the same time). The couple from the neighboring campsite wanted to know If I'd had enough and was trying to end it all and if so, wouldn't I be better in a gas stove than a fridge.

Mel

[text/html]