Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Apr 2001 20:41:51 -0400
From:         Greg Marshall <earthboy@home.com>
Subject:      Re: New Engine - No Power

The old catalytic converter in my van was badly melted inside, and the broken chunks of honeycomb had turned sideways inside the shell of the converter. This did a great job of stopping things up and sucking away power, especially once the engine got hot and the whole clogged up affair expanded. If that's the problem, then it's also likely that you'll find chunks of catalytic converter in the muffler, which also plugs things up. I don't know if it could cause as great a loss of power as you describe, but When it happened to my van, it sure felt sluggish.

greg.