Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Apr 2001 22:23:03 -0500
From:         Dave Baker <DBAKER5@kc.rr.com>
Subject:      Re: New Engine - No Power - Getting Better!
Comments: To: Mike Finkbiner <mike_l_f@hotmail.com>

Thanks for keeping us posted on your experiences with Boston Bob's new engine.

You know, it's real easy to become paranoid from reading this list. People seldom post when they complete a trip, have a good time, and encounter no problems with their vehicle. What we hear are the horror stories. One could get the impression that every time you turn the key something gets primed to explode. I drove my 85 Westy to a dinner party tonight at a friend's house. He lives outside of town about 15 miles. Any more, every little clunk or squeak captures my complete attention, and I find myself constantly scanning the temp guage and the idiot lights. I'm happy to report, however, that Wolfy performed flawlessly. I haven't even had to add any coolant now for nearly a month. (Knock on wood!)

Thanks to all the knowledge I've acquired from the great folks on this list, though, I feel much more confident to handle any problem should it occur.

Dave in KC 85 Westy http://members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1

PS - We'll see just how good the Universal Battery deep cycles are... I forgot to unplug the fridge yesterday. This morning, the aux battery voltage was reading 6.4 V! It's on the solar charger which can't keep up with what the fridge draws -- especially at night :).

----- Original Message ----- From: Mike Finkbiner <mike_l_f@hotmail.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2001 10:09 PM Subject: Re: New Engine - No Power - Getting Better!