Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:17:49 -0700
From:         Donna Stewart <DStewart@chrm.com>
Subject:      Re: Waving (Was: Van reactions)
Comments: To: echomhs@gis.net

Yesterday (Sunday) I bought my dad (althought it'll end up being mine as he has a 74 Westfalia already) another Westfalia to play with (non-running 1978). On my way back from the bank with the money I saw a nice blue-green Eurovan with the magnetic stick-on flowers about to pass me driving the orange Deadhead Westfalia. I waved but they didn't; guy looked mesmerrized by the boring I-5, which is a common problem! On the other hand, when I got back to Stockton a young man in a nice 60s bus with roof rack waved, as did a couple of people in air-cooled Bugs. Lots of people had their aircooleds out yesterday in my neck of the woods.

>>> Maynard Southard <echomhs@gis.net> 04/30/01 08:58AM >>> I drive a Eurovan and always wave at other VW Vans. I often get strange looks from Vanagon & Bus owners - I don't think they know what a Eurovan is! But then, I often get that look when I wave at Eurovans too! (Why the he## is that guy waving at us?)

I started waving in 1980 when I drove from Anchorage to Dallas in my '74 camper. EVERYONE waved on the AlCan, regardless of what you were driving (even the big rigs). You never know when you'll need a friendly hand on the side of the road.

Maynard '82 Westy Diesel "Reinhardt" '93 EV GL "Klinger" '00 Golf GLS TDI "WooHoo" '84 Jetta GL TD "Donor"