Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Apr 2001 02:29:40 -0600
From:         Cory Zumbrennen <cz137@home.com>
Subject:      Re: sue happy
Comments: To: radish150 <radish150@earthlink.net>

I apologize in advance:-)

> I hardly think the consumer should be charged with the job of evaluating the safely of the >automobiles they buy.

If you really want to save your life or the life of your child then you must personally evaluate the safety of the automobile that you buy. Nothing will ever change that.

If, however, you would like to rely on someone else to protect you from your own decision making, just know that if they fail to do so all you will receive is a large cash payment. You will never get to re-make your decision, or get your or your childs life back. You will just get a bunch of money and the peace of mind that comes with being able to blame someone else for your decisions.

>This is the job of these incompetent, corrupted consumer protection agencies that we support and >trust. Personally, I think there should be more than the simple manufacturers sued here.

If you trust a corrupted, incompetent consumer protection agency, or a greedy self serving mega corporation to look out for you then....what? You're a fool? You're going for the big lawsuit? Why on earth would you do that? I mean, what, I get burned alive in a Pinto and my wife gets 20 million dollars. Is that supposed to be acceptable to me?

> > Logic is does not reign supreme in any segment of our society

That doesn't mean it shouldn't. Or that we should succumb to irrationality.

>, I don't think you should suddenly expect the average consumer to reflect ideas that are not taught >to them.

Well let's teach them some new ideas. We'll have to start somewhere.....

Cory '90 Syncro Westfalia