Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 May 2001 23:24:54 -0300
From:         Jean-Guy Savoie <jgsavoie@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject:      Re: Drivinlights

Dieter,

I have a chrome bumper, not the new (well not all that new, I guess) fangled wrap around bumpers, so I can't vouch for those models.

Underneath the outter bumper are 4 sets of 3 holes in a triangular pattern. These are used for the driving/fog lights (I have both, Wirklish Scheinwerfer Himmel).

Apparantly Bosch makes the bracket that fits. I don't know the part #.

I had my fog light brackets copied by a friend for the driving lights I installed. There was a spare relay already installed in front of my van, behind the air deflectors on the driver's side.

It is a bit of a job to get the nuts and the bolts in place, so what I did was

1. get the right sized allen head bolt (7mm ?), 2. put the bolts on the end of a tight fitting longish allen wrench and 3. fed it upwards through one of the stock holes in front of (and below ? I forget) the inner bumper and 4. then through the little predrilled holes in the inner bumper and through the bracket predrilled holes 5. put the nut on top of allen head bolt (outside the inner bumper).

I wouldn't mount anything on the chrome bumper for many reasons, amongst which is that the bumper is just too flimsy and the lights would shake over bumpy terrain.

good luck,

JGS

84 1.9L Westfalia Bleu Schtroumpf (Schtrümpfe Blau)

----- Original Message ----- From: Dieter Knittel <DieterKnittel@aol.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 10:33 PM Subject: Re: Drivinlights