Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 May 2001 00:12:03 EDT
From:         Rico Sapolich <JKrevnov@aol.com>
Subject:      Re: Lawsuit/ Bastards! / VWOA Is Lurking
Comments: To: steve@syncro.org

In a message dated 5/1/01 2:09:09 AM, steve@syncro.org writes:

<< What do you think a law suit is about? Making a company take responsibility for the foreseeable consequences of their actions. >>

Steve,

I am not sure if a law suit imbues a company such as VW with a healthy dose of responsibility; it may just provoke them to cover their ass more completely. I offer the following unsolicited message I received after posting an e-mail to the list about the lack of assistance I received from VW when I tried to buy rear 3-point seat belts for my Vanagon more than 5 years ago. It seems all of a sudden, they have found the elusive part number and I didn't even have to ask for it this time! Perhaps tomorrow they'll send me the part number for the headrests they never saw reason to install.

Rich

Sandra.Dorey@ps.net wrote:

<<Thank you for contacting Volkswagen of America. We appreciate your concern

with your 1986 Vanagon.

The part number you were looking for is P/N 253-857-811D. We recommend that

in seeking this part you contact your local authorized Volkswagen

dealership.

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your concern with Volkswagen. For

any further questions regarding this issue please call Volkswagen Customer

Care Center at 1-800-822-8987.

Sincerely,

Volkswagen of America >>