Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 May 2001 16:34:57 -0230
From:         Karl Dawe <kdawe@mun.ca>
Subject:      Vanagon for sale (was Canadian Parts)
Comments: To: "Pedersen, Michael" <MRPEDERS@pacifica-papers.com>

I know your pain. Yesterday afternoon, my drivers side head started to leak. The oil is clean, and the coolant shows no sign of oil or exhaust smell, so I think (if I'm right) that the head itself is ok. Problem is my exhaust is shot as well. I'm facing having to spend about C$1400 to get it repaired, and there's no way I can afford this. I'm already into this for about C$6500, and I'm a student, with the bank already upset about the money I've borrowed for the project. The cost would be cheaper if I didn't have to pay an extra .55 on the dollar for everything out of the states, plus duty and 15% taxes to get it here. Add to that the fact that my mechanic wants at least $500+tax to do the heads and you've got one useless VW Vanagon, with an owner who can't afford to fix it. Looks like it's going to sit in my driveway for a while.

Anybody want to by a Vanagon? It's an '84 passenger Van with ~35000 kilometres on the odometer. Since I purchased it, I've replaced the full break system, front and back and lines, and the wiring harness. It is in excellent physical condition, with only minor blemishes in the original paint. It also has a Clarion stereo with RockfordFosgate speakers front, a 500watt BOSS amp, and a 12" 550watt BOSS sub. Located in St. John's, NF, Canada. Make me an offer.

Karl.