Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 May 2001 11:49:36 -0400
From:         "Dave C." <vinniethe85vanagon@mac.com>
Subject:      Re: window trim
Comments: To: DrCory <drcory@iglide.net>

on 5/3/2001 12:46 AM, DrCory at drcory@iglide.net wrote:

> Dave; > Forgive the redundence but, just for my assurance, confirm that I can just > pull it out without worry. Even the front windshield??? Sure would like to > trash the fading chrome without going to new seals. > > The van is new to me so I'm in experienced at these things > > Cory > ================= > I'll second Chris' recommendation. I removed all of the old crappy looking > trim from the windows on Vinnie a little over a year ago and no problems! If > you must insist on replacing the trim with "something," a glass shop can > either install or sell you some black "cord" that fills in the space. I was > gonna do it but after I ripped it all out I just never got around to it. > And prolly won't. > Cheers, > Dave C. > Williamsburg, VA

Cory, For liability reasons I'll only refer you to my original statement that I've not had any problems since joining the "no chome trim club". I cannot remove your worry. You will have to analyze the thing and come to your own conclusion. If you are truly concerned then get the black cord and insert into the groove. I personally feel fine without it. Lots of time passed, thousands of miles, great fluctuations in temps, lots of water--no problems here. As far as the windshield is concerned I had mine replaced from road debris damage and replaced the seal with the Euro style without the channel. But that channel doesn't "lock" the windshield in place. It's the adhesive underneath and a tight fit that's all that's keeping it in. Cheers, Dave C. Williamsburg, VA zzzzzzzzz__ |E[__] [__]|[_]\\ | _DC&SP | _ || * * * =-( )---------( )--= '85 GL Westy (His) '91 Cabriolet (Hers)