Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 May 2001 10:50:12 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@juno.com>
Subject:      Re: gripes, etc.
Comments: To: rangerbrian@hotmail.com

Start advertizing it now. Families less wise than you are looking for them. National parks are getting into full swing and the birds are singing. I think it's based on the greater fool thoery like the stock market "some fool will always pay more than you did". Try to make a few bucks! By the way. I'd never own one of these things as a single mode of transportation. My has never left me stranded but old equipment should be a hobby, not a mainstay.

On Sat, 05 May 2001 08:31:19 -0700 "Brian Cochran" <rangerbrian@hotmail.com> writes: > Hey thanks for the feedback! those are neat rigs (the pic), but 10 > mpg....NO WAY. Mark my words, gas is going to keep increasing to > level out > with those euro prices. when I get out of the vanagon business, > I'm > getting a diesel jetta - 49 mpg. > B > > >From: wilden1@juno.com > >To: rangerbrian@HOTMAIL.COM > >CC: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > >Subject: Re: oil pressure story in full: costs, thoughts, gripes, > etc. > >(quite long) > >Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 20:10:00 -0500 > > > >I must admit Brian Cochran, thats a heart wrenching story and > you're a > >pretty good writer. > > > >I have an 83 Aircooled Westfalia and I visit a lot of auto wrecking > yards > >throughout my travels. I find really great looking water-cooled > Vanagons > >sitting in these yards that look like you could just get in them > and > >drive off. Most come in nearly complete with the engine partially > >dis-assembled and sitting in the rear deck I find the heads and a > bunch > >of coolant lines. It is aparrent that the owners of these vans were > >caring owners because they have nice paint and interiors and > sometimes > >almost new tires. > > > >I also have an 86 Oldsmobile, this is a true $700.00 car and I'd > scrap it > >if it cost $700.00 to repair. > > > >But I'm also the victom of the vehicle with my 83 Westfalia, I paid > >$2000.00 for it seven years ago and spend $1800.00 on parts within > 90 > >days. It's been charging on ever since with very little maintenance > >required. The nature of the Westfalia and my interest in camping > and > >nature prompted me to spend those bucks. I just plain like the > Westfalia. > > > >Here's hoping you'll enjoy many years of pleasant experiences with > your > >Westfalia. > > > >Stan Wilder > >83 Westfalia AirCooled > >For a quick look > http://williamwareagency.com/forsale/stanvan/stanvan.htm > > _________________________________________________________________ > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com >