Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 May 2001 21:21:46 -0700
From:         Mark Dorm <mark_hb@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Re: major hatch strut question, PVC STRUT

slwalters@earthlink.net sent me a nice picture of pcv struts. IF you haven't seen this you have to ask him to send you one. (UNLESS you can get to from here [shows you how much I don't know]) It should be a poster we could all buy to help fund vanagon.com. I had just finished with the archive search for all of 2000, and nothing came up under PVC, when I opened up slwalters message. It made me so happy I started dancing in manner never seen before on earth, in a style which can only now be called the PVC STRUT. And then the following song came to me and sang the following aria complete with lyrics and copyright to slwalters@earthlink.net. Quiet now, I'll sing it for you too, it has a nice opera hip hop rip rap melodramatic groove to it, and choregraphy reminescant of West Side Story, but without the racism. Listen in:

Well, this is just totally bitchen, and graphic too. Why isn't this the homepage photo for vanagon.com? What else can we do with pvc pipe in the vanagon? Curtain rods? Protective cover for our antenna? How about as structure for a curtain box you crawl into so that you can sleep inside of it with privacy without having to use the curtains against the window when you nap? That way when a cop stops and shines his light into your van all he sees is this big black box, kind of like in space odessey 2001. What can he do but wonder what in the hell it was? Now here's my big question. Why not put the pipe on both sides? Isn't there a chance you'll warp the door by only using one side. I'm gonna paint mine gray, to match the interior. People will think it came that way then. German Engineering. Perfected in America. This is really going to save my knee caps, and lower my frustration level by a factor of a very large unknown number. I did find a cheap way to put small dents in your/our/mine vanagon and hold the hatch up at the same, all while banging your head now and then (clap your hands now please!). Just detach one strut, lower it a bit and rest the loose or free tip against the body of the vanagon where the hatch seals. Walla, the hatch is up, and you can bang your head whenever you forget how low it is.