Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 May 2001 10:27:22 +0300
From:         Stebbins <stebbins@aucegypt.edu>
Subject:      Air intake snorkle: was K&N dirty filter

I think that I have solved my dirty K&N filter problem. As you may remember I have a carb sitting on top of the engine; I took a rectangular plastic jug, cut out the bottom to fit the carb plate, cut the top along 3 sides so that I could get the filter in the jug I taped everything back up again. I taped some empty water bottles to the jug (connected to the carb plate) and taped the water bottles to a flexible snorkel to go up through the air intake panel on the rear left side of the van and then ran more taped water bottles up the side air intake to the top of the plastic grill covering the air intake hole. On our last trip, we did a bit of sand driving and the K&N filter was still VERY clean. This is now very much a homemade Syncro air intake set-up.

If you believe that a picture is worth a 1,000 words, go to www.photopoint.com and enter my email address (stebbins@aucegypt.edu) and at the album page click on the K&N album to see a few pictures of the set up. Cheers, Malcolm