Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 May 2001 14:40:56 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@juno.com>
Subject:      Re: Tires
Comments: To: webmaster@beachin.net

Stan Wilder wrote:

I've been buying Michlein tires.

I bought one set seven years ago and they last about 30K before the tread starts to separate. I've been getting free replacement Michlein tires ever since for an adjustment price of about ten to twelve bucks a tire. I drive in back woods and in very rocky terrain and no tire is going to hold up. They sure get noisy when the tread gets a little loose, it's easy to tell when to go back to the tire store for another free set.

Lets see.... four times seventy eight dollars is about $320.00 and all in all I've gotten about four or six sets of tires over seven years to go 160K miles. I figure $48.00 every year for a full set of tires is a great deal. I think I'm stickin with the guy giving me the best warranty.

83 Westfalia Air Cooled ( I'm not going to give it a name, it may eventually die and I don't want to find myself in remorse)