Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 May 2001 21:17:06 -0400
From:         "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@mindspring.com>
Subject:      Re: more feed back on Chris.....  (was avoid ranger brian)
Comments: To: steve@syncro.org

At 04:45 PM 5/8/01 -0700, steve@syncro.org wrote: >I have a different take.

Believe it not my west coast friend, I COMPLETELY agree with you. That is wonderful thing about freedom. You guys who put your time, your lives, your creativity, your dreams, your best energies, indeed *our* very souls (I'm in there too) into helping others is a freedom beyond value -- but so seldom appreciated. We who provide services to the "masses" [ threw that in there just to sound uppity : ) ] are so seldom thanked for the real work that it is. Consequently, it is easy to develop a bad attitude towards the unending line of the thankless, the demanding, the griping, whining, complainers. Those who keep their head up and a smile on their face, and treat others fairly, are to be respected. But even the best of us slip up and fall. And we all, every one of us, needs checks and balances to keep us in line. For example: To make a bush grow to its maximum potential, it must be pruned. Whether the pruning be done with the painless knife of love and kindness, or with the rusty razor, the result should be the same: to produce a fuller, brighter plant. And so it is with human beings. How do people think children are taught??? But love and kindness will not always cut the growth needing to be chopped away. . .

Oh crap, this philosophical BS I am spewing forth is even too much for me tonight. Guess I am still teary-eyed from a funeral.

So let's rock and roll !!! As for the pruning, forget primitive tools --better to zap it with a nanoblaster-triangular laser beam, baby!! HK