Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 May 2001 23:11:57 -0700
From:         Steve Schwenk <steve@syncro.org>
Subject:      Re: Chris Turner: Person, Vendor, Listemember
Comments: To: Sersote@aol.com

I was being sarcastic!!!! Couldn't you tell? I buy stuff from Chris all the time. Of course it's used. I just think it's funny how some people expect list vendors to be like multi national corporations that happen to sell used volkswagen parts and want service like you might expect to get paying dealer prices, but never get there either. steve

"Paul M. Hillbish" wrote: > > Now this has become a rather large discussion as usual of people choosing > sides against a list vendor. some support, some try to burn down. Just a > question since I have not yet seen a response from him. Did anyone ask him? > You speak about him as if he's an object here to serve you and nothing else. > come on people. He's a human being. People make mistakes, and no one is > perfect. he sells used parts. Everyone knows that. Personally, I have spoken > to him on a few occasions about parts he had that I needed. Unfortunately, my > wallet did not agree with me getting these parts. We spoke about a few of > them, and he was willing to cut me a deal on them. Then my luck turned, and I > lost a vehicle for a while, and then went broke again. I still have yet to > get that item from him, but in every conversation I've had with him, he was > helpful, kind, and understanding of my situation. I would not expect any part > that is used to be in perfect condition. I would expect it to be used, not > new. If I wanted new, I could pay a lot more and get it that way. I can't > afford to do that, so I would use Chris. I would have no problem in dealing > with him, and I would also refer him to people that I know to be looking for > used parts. But once again, a rant has started about someone who is offering > a service to the list. If all you want to do is complain about something, > then don't get involved. You knew that the part would be used. He stated in > every ad that he posts "Used" It sounds to me like someone had a bad day, and > decided to vent his anger and blame Chris for everything. I don't think > that's fair, or right. Again, did you stop to ask him before trying to burn > him down? > > --Paul-- > > One other thing: I noticed earlier tonight a post that was originally done > off the list. If it is posted off the list, should logic not then say that it > is a private conversation not to be shared with the list? Just my opinion.