Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 May 2001 20:00:44 -0700
From:         VW Addict aka The Bus Nut <solomon_scott@yahoo.com>
Subject:      Bad dealings with other listees

I have not been on this list for all that long, but have been on several other VW only lists for many years. I have seen these spats go back and forth many times. What I have found most of the time is that if you call and talk to the person, most of the time a resolution can be had with out much trouble. In defence of sending parts off late, I have been guilty of that myself. You see, I (and most of you) do not deal in Vanagon or other VW parts for a living and so I have to try to fit in the shipping around my very hectic life. Sometimes it takes me longer than planned, so in turn I try to understand when I ask someone else for something and it takes longer than I wanted it to. I recently had a deal with a guy that I was to send him 2 Bus carbs and he would send me some heads. It has been 6 months of back and forth with him and I have yet to see my parts, so bad deals come. I have had to write off those carbs and my shipping costs ($130 total). I have not taken it to the list yet, and don't plan to. I am not targeting any one person with this, just asking that we give each other a chance, then if we can not work it out, never deal with them again. If you must tell the list, do so only after you have reached a point nothing else can be done. Just my $0.02

===== Scott Solomon AKA "VW addict" 85 Westy Multi-Van (soon to be 2.0l Jetta powered) 83 Vanagon D parts heap 76 Triple White 'Vert http://www.geocities.com/solomon_scott/ See my FOR SALE area