Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 May 2001 14:10:59 -0700
From:         Michael Snow <mwsnow@home.com>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] Custom 15" wheels? Why not go to the Source?
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

I talked to Hayes-Lemmerz (used to be Kelsey-Hayes) several months ago about this very thing. I even had an email dialog going with one of their reps named Paul. In the end, they refused to talk to me at all about Vanagon wheels. Unless you can somehow dig farther into their company than the sales department, it seems futile. First I tried to find out the offset of a wheel that I knew had the right bolt pattern. No luck. Then I tried to get a list of the wheel numbers that have 5x112 bolt patterns, with their offsets and rim widths. The standard question is "what kind of car do you have?". They will gladly give out the part number of wheels that fit a particular vehicle, but with no technical specs. The lawyers (with no offense to Steve and Horace) are really making things difficult for private vehicle owners. It seems like every tire and wheel shop I go into has a Hayes-Lemmerz catalog, but there are no technical specs in it. When I tried to get specs from the regional distributor in Los Angeles, they stonewalled me the same way as the corporate sales department. I won't say it's impossible, but it is very difficult to get any information from this company.

Mike Snow