Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 May 2001 12:36:23 -0400
From:         Tom and Dana Cates <dcates1@home.com>
Subject:      Full Moon in Joon

You are Invited!

All plans are GO for the Full Moon in Joon (in May) Memorial Day weekend campout. http://members.home.net/fullmooninjoon/index.htm (Dialup? saves time> http://members.home.net/fullmooninjoon/FMIJ2001.htm )

For meals this year we will be having Breakfast Burritos one morning or another. Maybe we will make a better show of it than Everybus2001 8^)' For Supper on Saturday evening we will be having, back by popular demand (and the availability of the 'Colossal Cast Iron Cooker'), the second annual Spaghetti Dinner. Bring your Noodles. I will be making a webpage this weekend with the needed supplies and kind suppliers, so if you want your own obscure piece of internet fame, send us an email with your contributions. Anyone who has yet to attend a campout, you don't know what you've missed with the group meals. They are ALWAYS fantastic, better than a picnic dinner at your Grandmothers church, and you can drink beer to boot!

The location this year is www.deerfields.com located 20 minutes in a southerly direction from Asheville. The fine gentlemen who operate this private mountain oasis have invited us to their property not only for this year, but in years to come. They really want to make friends with us, so we should extend to them some sincere hospitality. They especially want to witness the ritual case burning. We already have one case arranged, but more are welcome. We'll just have to keep Diesel Joe away from the water balloons! (Man. I bet his valves are really_well_lubricated.)

There will be awards this year. The categories will be randomly chosen by an amorphous group of loosely monikered 'Judges', and the trophies will be awarded with complete subjectivity. We figure that if no-one knows what they might receive a whimsical (and potentially embarrassing) award for, it will keep everyone on their toes. This Year's MC will be the Honorable Mad Uncle Dave, who, under extreme duress, has caved in and accepted the duty. Unless he doesn't show up.

Several people have made inquiries about the event:

Is there a dress code?

I have to admit that this question, posed by a fellow Full Moon Bus Club couple at EB2001, left me momentarily stunned and confused. How do I answer? Is it a joke? Do they want to run around Nekkid? They seem like normal people....

Do I have to be a Member to go?

Well, no. But by going you do subject yourself to Membership. In fact, merely by sending an email you could technically be considered a Member. I have to check with the ad-hoc membership committee (if I could figure out who they are, they have a mysterious webpage at http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Ravine/2474/enrollment.html ) to get a reading on the particular fine points of this aspect of member law. In any case, if you find yourself in the unwitting position of being an unindicted co-conspirator you can repudiate membership at any time by simply howling at the (full) moon three times in rapid succession.

Do I pay at the gate??

Yes. For this particular event you will have to pay the private property owners a small tribute of $20.00 USD per adult to enter and they will issue you corresponding wristbands. Amortized over the three possible camping nights this is a relative bargain at $13.34 a night (rate based on double occupancy). However, since this is private property and we will be the only group on the property we will have a certain amount of ... privacy. This was sorely lacking last year at the National Park campground where the event was held.

No reservations?

There are no reservations as we will be in field and orchard and there are no assigned spots. You can camp by yourself or with a group of friends or with a group of people that you haven't made friends with yet... it's your choice.

Peace Brothers and Sisters,

Tom and Dana Cates Asheville, NC 83 Air-Cooled Westfalia, 'Hammurabi' www.fullmoonbusclub.com/ www.type2.com/rescue/ http://members.home.net/fullmooninjoon/index.htm

Full Moon in Joon Asheville, NC http://www.fullmoonbusclub.com/ http://www.deerfields.com/ http://members.home.net/fullmooninjoon/index.htm

[text/html]