Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 May 2001 17:15:51 -0600
From:         Steve Blackham <steph@uswest.net>
Subject:      Open Letter to Parts Vendors
Comments: To: type2@type2.com

Please don't any one take this personally. This is meant as a positive reaction to some recent frustration I (and I feel, others) have had.

Please Mr. or Ms. Parts Vendor:

1. Don't lie to me. If you're going to be dishonest, look out, I get mean when I'm mad.

2. Don't take me for granted. You are not the only vendor out there.

3. Don't treat me as prey. You may fool me once, but not twice.

4. If you make me a promise, at least try to fulfil it.

5. If you make a representation in you advertising or web site, abide by it.

6. Don't make excuses for bad products or service. I didn't ask you to sell me crap. I judge you and your company by your product and service.

7. Don't take on the whole world if your not prepared to service it. Start small if necessary and grow within your means. A big company that can't service it's clientele won't last.

8. Anyone can offer a lower price, but the customer will remember the poor product or service well after the memory of price has faded.

9. Hire the best people, train them well, and then give them the power to get the job done (including tools to make the customer happy and satisfied).

10. Offer me options, service, and a satisfying relationship and you'll have my business for life.

FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH!

-- Steve Blackham Centerville, Utah

77 transporter converted to camper (Westy top) 83 Vanagon (New and current project) 87 Weekender