Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 May 2001 09:20:56 EDT
From:         Pat Horrocks <FoxhntrPat@aol.com>
Subject:      f.s. syncro GL @ Carlisle 5/19
Comments: To: wetwesties@onelist.com, limbolist@onelist.com,
          H2O-VW@listproc.sjsu.edu

Volks- 'Reckon I secretly wanted to make Carlisle so "forgot" to post my f.s. message. 'Hope to see ya' next week-end!

f.s. 1990 Syncro Westfalia GL- bordeaux red metallic (burgundy), grey interior

Currently 134,400 mi., shifts & runs well. Heads replaced 112,375 mi., new muffler system 121,000 mi., tune-up last fall, rear brake shoes in November. I use, change & monitor levels of fully synthetic motor oil and orange Havoline DexCool coolant. Cruise control, power locks, mirrors (heated!) & windows (rear heated!) are a joy! Granny gear, locking rear differential work. The CB is fun while caravaning. My 185R14C tires are safe but need replacement (27x8.5 C tires can convey).

Body and fiberglass top look good- rear bumper corner & sliding door/quarter panel scratches/dent could be improved. Great heat/fans but AC needs recharging. Handsome grey interior, with A-ok original tables, carpet, mattress, hatch bug screen and curtains.. Canvas beautiiful. Dometic refrigerator (model RM 182B), stove & water ready for campouts (new potable water pump last year). Storage space under the driver's seat wired for the 2nd battery. Haynes, Bentley & other manuals can convey.

$20,900 (I under-use the syncro & camper goodies so will look for a plain pop-top if this sells)

FoxhntrPat@aol.com (owner-northern VA, nr. Dulles airport) or Karl Mullendore, thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM (mechanical questions)