Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 May 2001 23:54:09 -0700
From:         Lee Kouns <LeeKouns@webtv.net>
Subject:      Wal-Mart Locator

To all prospective Wal-Mart campers, To find the Wal-Mart locations that are available for your next outing, simply go to www.walmart.com. There you will find a store locator that will show you all the stores near whatever destination you choose. We found it very helpful on our recent ski trip to Colorado. In Colorado, many stores even come with a great view of the mountains! Most Wal-Marts also stay open in the winter---most campgrounds don't. My wife and I check at the customer service desk to be sure we have permission. They are always very nice and often suggest a good area to park (usually a quiet area with other campers). Asking permission also lets them warn us of any potential problems from city regulations, etc. A few cities--such as Flagstaff, Arizona--have laws that restrict Wal-Mart's offer. Of course our camping adventures include more than just a tour of the local Wal-Marts, but at times it is a good option for us and we thank Wal-Mart for making it possible.

Happy adventuring, Lee & Irasema Kouns Downey, CA 88 Westy