Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 May 2001 08:04:29 -0700
From:         Craig Spaeth <spaeth@gorge.net>
Subject:      Re: I need Bass and 6x9's

I have a really nice set up in mine. I have used Kicker seperates in the door. I mounted the 4" mid in the stock location and the tweeter up next to the sun visor at the top of the windshield the wires run along underneath the windshield seal. I then used 4" Eclipse point source speakers in the rear stock location. You will not get much bass out of this setup of course but super tight mids and highs. I have a 6" amplified Bazooka tube under the back seat for bass. It is on the small side for real bass requirements but I can still fit a sleeping bag on that side. This gets you a really nice sounding system that is easy to hook up and takes up little space. I mounted my amp up behind the glove box. 6x9's generally have bad sound. Especially for the money. A nice sounding set of seperates will cost about the same as a good pair of 6x9's and the seperates (midrange and tweeter mounted seperately) will sound way better. A good clear setup like this will let you really enjoy music, especially at lower volumes. You can actually hear the different parts of the music even when turned down, unlike a muddy stereo where you cannot hear the highs and lows unless it is cranked. We put some really nice JL Audio speakers in my sisters Syncro and they are great for cost and sound. They were $60 a pair and since they are a two way they took about 20minutes to mount in the stock holes. hope this helps, Craig the Gorge VW club gorgevwclub.com