Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 May 2001 10:25:27 -0700
From:         Dana Morphew <kadm@pugetsound.net>
Subject:      Re: Anyone interested in auxiliary long range fuel / water tanks?

Would these tanks be aluminum? Will they have a separate filler neck? What is the depth? I'd like to see photos, please.

-Dana-

'80 Westy Pokey wrote: > > I have been following a thread on the SASyncro list. A listee there has arranged for a South African manufacturer to produce 41 Litre auxiliary tanks for fuel or water. > > My understanding is that they fit inside the outer recesses of the underbody (ie: under the sliding door and in the location of the propane tank). No I don’t know if it will fit with the propane tank in place or not but even adding one to your Westy would increase your range by almost 70%. Having found out that the 80 Litre Winkler tank won’t fit under Pokey (because of my BA6) I was VERY excited about the possibility of having 101 to 142 Litres of fuel on board. > > I can’t anything about installation, nor do I know anything about any legal or insurance constraints about using one of these but I am trying to see if there is North American interest and maybe do a bulk purchase. The tank including shipping to most centres in the US or Canada takes 6-8 weeks would cost around $250 US. I have a line drawing of the design if anyone is interested. I will try to get some photos as well (hopefully stand alone and installed). > > Thanks, > Chris Gronski > '80 Westy "Pokey" - SLOPOKEY > '87 Chevrolet Sprint - Ice Racer > '91 Pontiac Firefly - Convertable > www.vanagon.org & .ca > www.gronski.com, .org, & .ca > www.nineeleven.org & .ca