Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 May 2001 13:23:53 -0400
From:         Kitzmann <kitzmann@exis.net>
Subject:      Re: Westy/Vanagon Paranoia - Positive feedback

I have to agree with some of you guys, we don't talk enough sometimes about what is really great about our vehicles. But, I have to add most of the really big problems I've had were my own dam fault! The only really major problem I have ever had with the two Vanagons I own was driving into a bad washout on a dirt road in Utah in my Syncro. I was frankly going too fast and didn't see it in time to slow down before going in, ouch! But other then that I have only had annoying problems, mostly caused by buying a used vehicle, which comes with the territory, or my own bad judgements at the time. I have driven all over the country, slept in the van on the side of the road, in fields, and yes near a nice stream in Idaho as someone mentioned, all without problems. Yes they can be maddeningly slow when going over Loveland Pass in Colorado or buffeted by winds crossing Kansas, but you always get waved at. And dam it what other vehicle when you beak down in does a friendly person always stop and help? No matter where I have been in the country when I've had a problem with my VW's there has been someone that has pulled over (usually a Hippie, but hey they're nice people) and help me out. There is one major problem, which you can't avoid with a Vanagon, is it is impossible to find brown velour interiors and when you do they don't ship!

Dave K. 82 former diesel now a Cis-e