Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 May 2001 16:52:01 -0700
From:         Carl Cobb <c123666@earthlink.net>
Subject:      Re: upgrading door speakers
Comments: To: "Smola, Tony" <TSmola@tribune.com>

OK.....I thought this would be a fairly simple exercise. Just went to see about pulling the stock speakers from our 87 Westie Syncro; not so fast. I pulled the door panels back enough to see that the speaker panel is held in place by what looks like a plastic fitting that screws onto the speaker panel with the door panel in middle. I tried and tried but could not budge the thing.

Can anyone tell me exactly what must happen to remove this thing? Do I have to break it and get a new one? Am I missing something very simple here? I looked through bentley but did not find any diagrams showing how the speakers are mounted.

Thanks,

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Smola, Tony" <TSmola@tribune.com> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 4:01 PM Subject: Re: upgrading door speakers