Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 May 2001 11:44:00 EDT
From:         Greg Rich <greg4vwparts@usa.net>
Subject:      VREDESTEIN tire Source found
Comments: To: JKrevnov@aol.com

Hey Everyone, Vredestein tires can be found at

www.americatire.com They are Canadian based and offer free shipping within Canada. I have seen a depot on highway 20 east of Montreal, Quebec. They also sell Continental!

Happy shopping! Greg

Rico Sapolich <JKrevnov@aol.com> wrote: In a message dated 5/18/01 11:23:00 PM, vanagon@volkswagen.org writes:

<< I am looking for a company that sells VREDESTEIN tires in North America

David,

So am I. I used them for a long time and they were a rare bargain. Then, about 10 years, the plug was pulled and they were no longer imported into the USA. From what little I have seen on the web, Vredestein makes a line of

tires which are spot on for Vanagons. I will post any sources I find. By the way, at the time they stopped bringing them into the USA, I was told that they were still available in Canada. In fact, years ago, I hooked up with a tire dealer in Vermont who claimed to be able to get them from Canada. He seemed a little shaky and the cost was more than double what I was used to paying, so I never pursued that source.

Rich

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1