Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 May 2001 17:11:45 MDT
From:         Joe Fortino <biker.pride@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Re: [Re: List Sticker and Hat lawsuit]]
Comments: To: arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM

I understand this, but the " new bug " is a huge hepa ???? and i never really feel into the bracket of loving the jetta's or gti's ( even tho- i owned a 92 that just had issues )

half the people driving these newer VW's have no clue or respect for " real VW drivers " heck i used the dealer once this year so I think we all play into the POT.. * if ya add it up.. anyway its really about the PEOPLES CAR not this B.S about $$$ flow, some people have turned it into a big profit banking of false shit..

please no more long winded posts about VWOA, becuase they are about shit!!!!!!!!!1

Alan Bosch <arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM> wrote: Joe wrote...

<<<snip>>>...why is the frig'n VWOA so hell bent on chasing people that love thier cars...<<<snip>>>

VWOA could care less about the people that really love VW's. As a matter

of course, the enthiasist does not bring profits to the company. Think about it. When was the last time you brought your Vanagon to a dealer for service? If you don't bring it to the dealer for service, when was the last time you stepped foot into the dealer parts department to buy gen-u-whine VW parts? I would dare say that a great majority of the members of this esteemed list do not and will not have any interaction with a VW dealer. Face it -- most of us bought our VW's used. I personally have owned 10 and have only bought two new. And because of this, we, as a group -- albiet an enthusatic group -- do not bring profits to VW.

VW has every right to go after people for trademark infringements or violations. It may not make sense, it may not be the right thing to do, and indeed may futher alienate a dedicated group of VW fans from considering future new VW purchases. But it is within their right. Can you companies like GE, Westinghouse, Microsoft (sorry for the offensive language...), Dell, Pepsi, not enforcing their trademark rights? Neither

can I.

I don't like what VW is doing. In fact, I think it stinks. But I can understand it. And personally, that POS '94 Jetta III was the last new VW I'll ever buy. VW may be popular again, but in my book, they may as well

be GM products...

Alan Bosch & Phred ('88 Wolfsburg) Formerly (for VWOA's sake): '69, '71, '73 Bugs '82 Rabbit L '82 Rabbit Diesel '83 GTi '88 Fox GL Sport '92 Passat CL '94 POS Jetta III

____________________________________________________________________ Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1