Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 May 2001 09:23:08 -0400
From:         Justin Wolfe <wolfe@LISAIUS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine trouble?
Comments: To: John Rodgers <jhrodgers@charter.net>

My problems seems to consist of a couple things that I have been fighting with on and off for the past two years. It always has to do with this jutter (which I may add that it use to be bucking on the highway, but with my foot on the gas) That problem has dissipated somehow. Then it developed a constant stall out when ever I came to a stop. That was fixed when my mechanic unplugged one of the wires to the brain last summer. (I have never stalled out again) Now I'm down to 2 problems that seem to go hand in hand. 1) When I start the van and leave it in idle the idle is not consistent almost sputtering and then the engine will cut out. 2) This guttering or slight bucking I get when applying the gas. This problem will not correct itself until I pull over turn the engine off and start up again. Then if I'm lucky it won't happen until the next time I start the van or it won't happen at all. It is this inconsistancy that drive myself and my mechanic crazy.

Any insight?

thanks

justin

'84 Westy Auto Trans