Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 May 2001 14:38:23 -1000
From:         Mick Kalber <hotlava@INTERPAC.NET>
Subject:      Re: Apostrophes & spelling (was Re: Sears disaster- BOZO's heh)

> Apostrophes are also used for certain contractions (they're, that's). The > Engish unfortunately still use them for certain clumsy contractions > ('phone, 'plane; surprisingly, they don't use sub' or car', but still > sometimes use to-day or to-morrow!).

Good grief, Andrew... what is this... remedial english class?

Yikes.

Mick Hilo

----- Original Message ----- From: Andrew Grebneff <andrew.grebneff@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 2:11 PM Subject: Apostrophes & spelling (was Re: Sears disaster- BOZO's heh)